Saturday, February 12, 2011

People

Most days I'm surrounded by people and I don't give them much thought. They're just there, and I'm there, and we pass by or we sit next to each other in class, or what have you. But there a days where Jesus gives me this new outlook on people and it consists of 2 things.

1. I am no better than any of them.
2. Jesus loves them deeply.

When I think about that, it changes the way I live. The way I think. My Christian walk SO easily becomes so about ME. "Jesus loves me despite of , and inspite of, myself. He knows the hairs on my head! I am so blessed! I am so thankful!". All these things are true, and awesome, and amazing, and help me praise God. But I rarely remember that there a billions and billions of people around the world, tons of people throughout my day, that  Jesus knows just as intimately and loves just as much and cares about them (even if they don't care about Him). It radically changes me when I remember this because If I am to be like Christ, then I need Him to help me love people in that way too. To care for people in that way too. To have my heart broken by that which breaks God's too. I really love people, and I really need to love them more. It's a constant process that reminds me

1. I'm desperate without Jesus and
2. I'm incapable of GENUINELY loving others a part from Him.

on another note, I hung out with Julia and Amy Saunders last night at the boys track meet, and can I just say, they are two of the most fun people to hang out with, ever.





and also, Valentines day is in two days, and I am blessed with the best valentine a girl could ask for.  And I get to see him in 13 days :) miss you geoffrey james!


No comments:

Post a Comment