Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Mercy

James 2:12-13


Speak and act as those who are going to be judged by the law that gives freedom, because judgment without mercy will be shown to anyone who has not been merciful. Mercy triumphs over judgment!


Mercy triumphs over judgement. Think about that. I live, we live, in a nation with clear cut rules in terms of the law. You break the law, you get a court case/trial, and your "fate" is decided. If evidence proves that you've done the crime for sure, you go to jail/get punished, with no questions asked. 
We sin every day against God. He could easily be the same way with us. We sin, and we get what we deserve (separation from His mercy and love forever), no questions asked. But He doesn't do that. His mercy triumphs over our guilt. Over our stained hands. I am disgusting in my sin. But God's mercy cleanses me when I truly repent, and change with His grace. I am ever thankful that Mercy triumphs over judgement.


"When my sin is all that I can see
Your grace remains the shelter that I seek
And when my weakness is all I can give
Your gentle Spirit gives me strength again
And oh, the beauty of Your majesty
On the cross You showed Your love for me

And I am lifted by Your love to sing!
It's Your mercy that has made me free!"

-Leeland

No comments:

Post a Comment