Sunday, November 21, 2010

Long time, no blog...

I started this blog sometime in the Summer, with every intention of writing in it often...but that didn't happen. However, I'm inspired lately to start it up again! And so I decided that I will.


So, so much has happened over the past few months. Goodness, I graduated high school, passed Summer Chemistry (this sticks out in my mind because it will forever be the hardest class I've ever taken),  spent two weeks in Montreal for my third summer in row, started dental hygiene school, and talked to & reunited with my best friend (and now boyfriend) after a challenging year. And through it all, Jesus has been with me in every step, teaching me and guiding me along the way. My joy in Him has been my strength. (Nehemiah 8:10)

Maybe I'll break this up into sections...


Dental Hygiene School (Harcum College)
For the next two years, all my college classes are "set", and include both summers, one of which is already done. Not even 6 weeks after graduating high school, I began my summer classes for Dental Hygiene school at Harcum college (why do I keep capitalizing dental hygiene? I'll stop...)  I was required to take Chemistry and English Comp. 1. While English Comp was a joke (sorry...), Chemistry was crazy. But I passed it, and almost cried (not kidding) on the day I received my final grade. Going into my fall semester, I honestly didn't TRULY know if dental hygiene was what I wanted to do, and if Harcum was where I belonged. That all changed after my first week. God showed me that this was where He had me, that I got into a program that I had no idea was so hard to get into, and that this WAS where, and IS where I am supposed to be. And the biggest way He revealed this to me was through the joy I got out of it. It is the most difficult experience I have ever been through in my life (academically, mentally..), but it is one of those "good" difficult experiences. And I love the people in my program and I love the challenge, and even on days where I want to throw my three million books at the wall and put my dental anatomy teeth in the garbage disposal and never see them again (uhh...dramatic), I still love it. and I still press on, because of Philippians 4:13. I can do ALL things through Jesus Christ who gives me strength. I have just a few more weeks before the end of my first semester and I'm so pumped.

I'll save the other topics for my next post, because I've got to go study. Big test/quiz filled next two days before a much needed Thanksgiving break, which includes a visit to my boyfriend's town in Connecticut and meeting his parents!  (whoo-hoo!)

Living one day at a time,
-Jillian Alexis


Psalm 62:3- Because your love is better than life, my lips will glorify you.






No comments:

Post a Comment