Saturday, October 8, 2011

Beautifully Broken

Before I write, forgive me. Because I haven't written in a while and as a dental hygiene student, I find that when I try to write a formal type of anything, I struggle immensely because I'm so used to writing little "cliff-notes" and no full sentences.  I even find myself skipping words when talking sometimes...Sounds weird, but it's so true! I miss the days where I could just flow in my writing. Curse you, Dental hygiene school. (just kiddin ;)

Lately I've been going through a lot with Jesus and feel the need to kind of let some of it out. By "going through a lot", I don't mean I'm going through turmoil or some type of big struggle, but I guess I just mean He is growing me, teaching me, and proving himself faithful (like always) in a very significant way lately. Tonight at church I really just felt broken. But not in a negative way, rather in a refreshing way. In a way that brings me to a place where I realize I really cannot do any of this life on my own. Between college, relationships, family-life, and just everything, it's so easy to get into this mode where I'm all "I got this." It never lasts long though, because when I don't put Jesus first and let him guide me every day, I feel it. I get overwhelmed and the weakest parts of me come out. Next to the gospel, one of the most significant truth's in my life is this:
                  "If you aren't filling your life with truth, you will be filled with lies."
I can't exactly quote that because I've heard it in many different ways, from many different people. But regardless, it is ridiculously true. I could use so many examples here but I'm just going to keep it in general for now. I realize more and more that if I'm not letting God's truth and hope fill me up on a daily basis, not only am I not going to grow, but I'm not going to stay in one place either. I'm going to reverse (for lack of a better word..). I'm impatient, unkind, easily angered, selfish (very), and I believe lies that, when I look back on them after refreshing my heart in Jesus, I wonder why I even spent so much of my heart and time on them.

I'm so thankful that I serve a God who makes us new continually. I'm so thankful I serve a God who never gives up on me. and I'm so very thankful I serve a God who meets me where I'm at (like He did tonight), refreshes my heart, and reminds me that when I'm beautifully broken in his hands, I'm right where I should be.

Learning that no, "I don't got this.",
Jillian

Proverbs 3:5-6
Trust in the Lord with all of your heart and lean not on your own understanding. In all of your ways, acknowledge HIM. and He will direct your paths.

No comments:

Post a Comment